I snapped this picture of the line of cars waiting at a Taco Cabana drive through (which, by the way, is one of my favorite restaurants).
What are these sheeple doing? What do they possibly expect to gain by idling in line rather than going into the building? Of course, there was no wait inside and they are missing out on the salsa bar. Let’s try to reason this out. Maybe they are driving through because:
- They are in a rush and the drive through is faster.
- Nope! There was no wait inside.
- Their car is more comfortable.
- Doubtful. TC has a great patio with TV and AC.
- They prefer to eat in their car.
- OK… but that’s really messy, kind of dangerous, and seems like a bad way to enjoy your food.
- They didn’t put their makeup on and they’re embarassed to be seen in public.
Honestly I’m stumped. If somebody could point out an explanation for why Americans love drive throughs, I would be grateful.